NIFT EXAM PATTERN
Are you planning to appear for the NIFT exam in 2024? It’s an exciting opportunity to pursue your passion for fashion and design! To apply for the exam, you need to fill out the NIFT application form specifically designed for the year 2024, known as the NIFT Application 2024.
Every year, in the month of October, NIFT releases the application forms for aspiring students like you. Once you have completed and submitted the NIFT application 2024, the first stage of the entrance exam takes place in February. This stage is a written test that assesses your skills and knowledge in the field of fashion and design.
In March, the results for the first stage exam are announced. If you are shortlisted, congratulations! This means you have successfully cleared the first hurdle and are eligible to proceed to the second test, which is scheduled for April-May. It’s worth noting that the maximum number of candidates called for the second test is three times the number of available seats in the program. So, it’s a competitive process, but your hard work and dedication can help you stand out among the crowd.
Once you have completed the second stage, the scores you obtained in each test of the NIFT exam in 2024 will be added together as per the given weightage. These scores play a crucial role in determining your overall rank. The better your performance, the higher your chances of securing admission to your desired program.
As part of the selection process, all candidates of the NIFT exam in 2024 who are called for the second test are duly required to attend a second phase test, which may involve a situation test, interview, or group discussion, depending on the program you are applying for. This phase is essential in assessing your suitability for the program and allows the selection committee to get a better understanding of your skills and potential.
NIFT offers an array of Bachelor’s programs in design, providing opportunities for specialization in various fields. You can choose from Fashion Design, Knitwear Design, Leather Design, Textile Design, Accessory Design, and Fashion Communication. These programs offer comprehensive knowledge and practical training to equip you for a successful career in the fashion industry.
To embark on this exciting journey, make sure to complete the NIFT application 2024 and prepare diligently for the NIFT exam in 2024. It’s your chance to showcase your creativity, skills, and passion for fashion and design. Good luck as you take the first step toward a promising future in the world of fashion!
GAT 30% +CAT 50% + SITUATION TEST 20%
Under Masters Programs NIFT offers Master of Design, Master Of Fashion Management, and Master of Fashion Technology.
GAT 30% +CAT 40% + GD 15% + INTERVIEW 15%
GAT 70% + GD 15% + INTERVIEW 15%
GAT 70% +GD 15% + INTERVIEW 15%
GENERAL ABILITY TEST (GAT): This is a Multiple Choice Question-based test with 150 questions to be attempted in 2 hours with a negative marking of .25% now. In the B. Design GAT paper only 100 questions are to be attempted in 2hrs and there is a negative marking.25% there.
1) Quantitative Ability- This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The subtest consists of questions on addition, multiplication, division, fractions, percentage, rate of interest, work, and task, ratio and proportion, and distance.
2) Communication Ability- this sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day-to-day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spelling, etc.
3) English Comprehension- this subtest is to test one’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage.
4) Analytical Ability- This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic from the given information.
5) General knowledge and Current Affairs- This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- The number of questions may vary in each section from year to year.
- F.Tech / M.F.Tech GAT Paper will have questions from the Science stream also.
M.F.M / M.Des / M.F.Tech GAT Paper will also comprise various sub-tests as given below:
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation in an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
- Logical Ability: This sub-test is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the logic or reason involved in a particular problem given and apply the logic in solving the problem. Concepts and practices of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
Shortlisted candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo Situation Test / Group Discussion (GD) /Interview as applicable.
CREATIVE ABILITY TEST (CAT): This test is administered to judge the intuition skill, power of observation, innovation in the development of a concept, and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative medium use of color and illustration skills.
SITUATION TEST: Shortlisted candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo a situation test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability in a given situation with a given set of materials.
GROUP DISCUSSION: Case study-based group discussions would comprise 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on the following parameters:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
PERSONAL INTERVIEW: A candidate is judged on the various parameters during an individual personal interview by a panel, as listed below:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities.
- General awareness and aptitude, as creative and lateral thinking, are likely to be useful.
Click here for the Eligibility Pattern
While filling out NIFT APPLICATION FORMS online ensure
- Mention your name and date of Birth as it’s there in your supporting official documents for age proof.
- Pick the right course; you cannot make changes to this later.
- Pick the Examination Centre carefully; no request for the change of the Centre is entertained later.
Note: There is a common entrance exam for all the NIFT Centres. The Admit Cards, Results, and Counselling Schedule will be available on NIFT’s website only. No separate communication will be sent by post from NIFT.
Register with us now if you want us to keep you updated. Click HERE